DMS/Cyprus - MLC 2006 Contact Point
Procedure for the issue of the DMLC
Documents required to be carried on board
Publications required to be carried on board
DMS/CYPRUS - MLC, 2006 CONTACT POINT
The MLC, 2006 Contact Point should be used for:
1. Asking questions regarding the implementation of the Convention
2. Submission of Applications for the issue of the DMLC Part I
3. Requests for information from PSC Authorities
4. Reporting complaints from seafarers serving on Cyprus flag ships.
Tel: +357 25-823715 / +357 25-823701
Fax: +357 25-305030
The Maritime Labour Convention, 2006
The Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (Ratification) and for Matters Connected Therewith Law of 2012
Circular 37/2016: Amendments of 2014 to the Code of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 - Entry into force on 18 January 2017.
Circular 16/2013: Maritime Labour Convention 2006 - Entry into force of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (Ratification) and for Matters Connected Therewith Law of 2012 (Law No 6(III)/2012).
Circular 38/2012: Ships’ Cooks Certificates
Circular 24/2012: Maritime Labour Convention 2006 – Ratification and Early Implementation by Cyprus.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ISSUE OF THE DMLC
The shipowner shall submit to the DMS/Cyprus-MLC, 2006 Contact Point electronically (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org) an application using the form Application for the issueance of a DMLC PART I. The DMS based on the information submitted by the shipowner, will issue the DMLC Part I for the ship. The DMLC Part I will be sent by mail to the shipowner or collected from the DMS.
The shipowner shall prepare the DMLC Part II and request an authorized RO to approve it and then proceed with the inspection and the issue of the Maritime Labour Certificate (MLC).
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE CARRIED ON BOARD
Most of the documents required by the MLC, 2006 can be downloaded using the below links. Compulsory documents as indicated can only be issued by the DMS. Model formats are given to assist Shipowners - Equivalent Shipowner’s documents may be used.
1. Standard Medical Certificate (In Cyprus Forms MED01/02/03 issued by recognised Medical Practitioners or General Hospitals - Abroad: issued by Countries which are in the IMO’s STCW White List).
2. Seafarer’s Id. and Sea Service R. B. (Record of Empl.) (COMPULSORY)
3. Seafarer Employment Agreement (SEA) - Form EN05F203 (MODEL FORMAT)
4. Collective Bargaining Agreement (IF ANY)
5. Copy of National Repatriation Provisions - Form EN05F204 (COMPULSORY)
6. Standardized Table of Shipboard Working Arrangements - Form EN05F205 (MODEL FORMAT)
7. Standardized Table of Hours of Rest - Form EN05F206 (MODEL FORMAT)
8. Safe Manning Document (Circ. 47/2012) (COMPULSORY)
9. Standard Medical Report Form for Seafarers - Form EN05F207 (COMPULSORY)
10. Report Form of Personal Injury or Loss of Life (Circ. 19/2005) (COMPULSORY)
11. Model for On-Board Complaint Procedures EN05F208 (MODEL FORMAT)
12. Risk Assessment Form (Circ. 20/2005) (MODEL FORMAT)
13. P&I Club “Certificate of Entry” (Financial Security for Shipowners’ Liability, for Seafarers’ Repatriation and Seafarer compensation for the ship’s loss or foundering)
PUBLICATIONS REQUIRED TO BE CARRIED ON BOARD
The following publications must be placed on board (links to some of them are provided).
1. Relevant Legislation (see paragraph "LEGISLATION" above)
2. DMS Relevant Circulars (see paragraph "DMS Circulars" above)
3. A copy of the ILO publication Accident Prevention at Sea and in Port
4. A copy of the ILO publication Ambient Factors in the Workplace
5. International Medical Guide for Ships, 3rd Edition (WHO)
6. A copy of the WHO publication Guide to Ship Sanitation (Third Edition)
7. A copy of the ILO publication Recording and Notification of Occ. Accidents and Diseases
8. Medical First Aid Guide for use in Accidents Involving Dangerous Goods (MFAG), Latest Edition (IMO) / (IMO/WHO/ILO) (Ships that carry or might carry Dangerous Goods)
9. International Code of Signals, 2005 Edition (IMO)
10. IAMSAR Manual Vol.3 (Latest Edition)
11. A copy of the Cyprus Code of Safe Working Practices (Circ. 20/2005)
12. IMO MSC-MEPC.2 / Circ.3 of 5 June, 2006 “Guidelines on the Basic Elements of a Shipboard Occupational Health and Safety Program”