Home Page / Info Centre / News / BREXIT
More general information on BREXIT is available on https://brexit.com.cy/ while questions may be submitted directly via telephone by calling the EU Direct line 00 800 6 7 8 9 10 11.
Preparation for the United Kingdom΄s withdrawal from the Union (BREXIT) – Contingency Action Plan regarding expected impacts on Cyprus shipping
In view of the very tight timelines ahead for Brexit and in order to comply with the Republic of Cyprus mechanism of preparedness and contingency planning measures, and in order to minimize any possible disruption, the Shipping Deputy Ministry of Cyprus, publishes below all the relevant information Notices with steps to be taken, as issued by the European Commission.
Contingency measures taken by the Shipping Deputy Ministry or EU institutions cannot replace the preparations that each interested citizen and business must take to prepare for the United Kingdom's withdrawal. Where new authorisations, licences or certificates will be required, each party has the responsibility to apply in good time.
Specifically, these Notices to Stakeholders relate to the following matters:
(1) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules in the field of maritime transport;
(2) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules on the minimum level of training of seafarers and the mutual recognition of seafarers certificates;
(3) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules on the monitoring and verification of CO2 emissions from maritime transport;
(4) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and the EU Ship recycling Regulation;
(5) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules in the field of aviation security and maritime security;
(6) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules on consumer protection and passenger rights;
(7) (i) Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules in the field of industrial products (applicable to Recreational craft and personal watercraft Directive 2013/53/EU and Marine equipment Directive 2014/90/EU);
(7)(ii) Questions and Answers related to the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union with regard to industrial products;
©2018 Republic of Cyprus - Shipping Deputy Ministry Design & Development: Department of Information Technology Services