Maritime Safety Section is responsible for the interpretation of the SOLAS 74/78, LOADLINES 66, COLREGS 72 and TONNAGE 69 conventions as amended, the STP 71 Agreement and the SPACE STP 73 protocol CSC 72, ISPS Code and consideration of issues concerning these, tonnage measurement of ships, matters concerning passenger ships, small (non convention)ships, fishing vessels, MODU. COLREG contraventions, approval of stability booklets and cargo securing manuals; Matters concerning Radio Communications, GMDSS, LRIT and allocation of MMSI and SELCAL numbers are also dealt with by the Maritime Safety and Security Division.
Email requests should not be addressed to any of the personal email addresses of the Deputy Ministry of Shipping personnel unless it is requested by an officer of the Deputy Ministry of Shipping for a particular message to be sent to his/her personal email address.
- All email requests related to ship safety matters must be forwarded to email@example.com.
- All requests related to radio communication matters must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All requests related to LRIT matters must be forwarded to email@example.com.
- All requests related to maritime security matters must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All requests related to safe manning and tonnage measurement certificates matters must be forwarded to email@example.com.
- All requests related to Marine Equipment Directive matters must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact details for matters related to Maritime Security / Ship Security Alerts (SSAS) and Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR).